Hubzilla 8.2 Released!
Native dark/light mode is probably the most visible new addition in Hubzilla 8.2
. The modes can be switched on the fly via the moon and sun buttons in the hamburger menu. They also made the light and dark schemas redundant. Another nice usability improvement is the contact filter in the HQ widget. Just simply start typing the name or address of a contact and select it from the dropdown to get a list of top level posts by this contact only. Last but not least there is the addition of multi-factor authentication in core which we have ported from streams. It uses TOTP and can be setup in your account settings.Other notable changes
- A fancy new project website created withhubzilla webpages at https://hubzilla.org
- Page load progress indicator for PWA standalone mode
- Improved contact search
- Author images in HQ widget
- Theme improvements
- Many bugfixesBreaking changes
- PHP 8.1 is now the minimum supported version
- If you used multifactor auth via the TOTP addon you will need to set it up again in your account settings
- You might need to revisit your custom theme settings due to native dark/light mode changes
For a detailed list of changes please refer to the changelog
A big THANK YOU!
to all contributors and everybody who supports Hubzilla and its development.
- Backup your data
- Make sure you use at least PHP 8.1
App::$config['system']['db_skip_locked_supported'] = 1;
to .htconfig.php if you use postgresql > 9.5, mysql > 8.0, mariadb > 10.6 or any other DB backend that supports skip locked
Please refer to the install instructions
is a powerful platform for creating interconnected websites featuring a decentralized identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology. https://hubzilla.org
CC: @Fediverse News